In business since our first event in 2014, HealthMeans has delivered health education and information to millions worldwide, helping them learn to live healthier and happier lives. To date we have produced over 100 health-related events and reached over 10 million people. With the launch of our community platform in 2017, we hope to reach many more in the following years.
We are a growing organization with a team of outstanding professionals committed to empowering individuals in their health and wellness journey – who are working from home all over the globe. We are looking for an accounting bookkeeper to help us handle our books and financial reporting.
The accounting manager will work closely with the leadership team to provide financial insight into the state of our company and data for decision making, goal setting and budget creation.
Our ideal candidate is highly organized and able to prioritize their work day to simultaneously work on multiple events and projects. They work well independently as well as in a team environment, possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to think globally and strategically. You will lead our end-to-end process for accounting at HealthMeans.
This position is full time, 100% remote and will report directly to the Co-Founder and Leadership Team.
- Reconcile all bank accounts (3-4 accounts)
- Reconcile all Stripe accounts (3-4 accounts)
- Prepare customer invoices
- Process and code all bank and credit card activity
- Handle company credit card payments
- Process vendor invoices, distribute for approval and prepare disbursements
- Process payroll
- Process independent contractor payments
- Prepare monthly subscription payouts (currently 2, others as needed)
- Maintain and reconcile accounts receivable and payables
- Generate financial reports for leadership team review
- BA or associate degree in accounting or related field
- Experienced Quickbooks online user
- Well-versed in payroll set-up and processing
- Full-charge bookkeeping experience (at least three years)
- Ability to work independently (work from home)
- High level of comfort with technology
- Strong Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with Basecamp, Slack, Asana and Google Drive is helpful
- Must pass background screening
- Full time salaried position after first 90 day probationary period as a full time contractor
- 401k, eligible at 6 months of employment (w/ corporate matching)
- Health Reimbursement Account (accrual begins immediately)
- 10 days paid time off (accrual begins after the first 90 day probationary period)
- 10 company paid holidays (eligible after first 90 day probationary period)
How You Approach Your Work
- You get joy out of working with others and getting results for all parties involved. You lead with integrity.
- Transparency is important to you. You ensure the team is updated — as you build, your partners across the company are considered, connected and understand the process.
- You are committed to personal development and growth. We are growing as a company and we are committed to building an inclusive organization together.